PDA

View Full Version : How the hell is this supposed to work?

SkyNigger
11-10-2012, 01:46 AM
New condo building in Bangkok.

http://i.imgur.com/fTAJ1.png

In my Valley apartment in Brisbane, there was a car elevator but it only went one floor. How the fuck is this supposed to work? I tried Google but couldn't find anything.

Bobby Wong
11-10-2012, 02:24 AM
its a trick bro they will park your car there for you but you will never be able to get it out without a crane they keep it as a security deposit and you get it back after you move out and have the carpets shampooed

anatine
11-10-2012, 02:26 AM
they are ghost cars.

for the ghosts.

nextlevelshit
11-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Optical illusion. David Copperfield making the statute of liberty disappear type technology.

I wonder how you could fuck it up if you had a high powered sports car and were roaring drunk. Foot slipped off clutch...

SkyNigger
11-10-2012, 04:22 PM
So basically no one has a clue?

DankBlaniels
11-10-2012, 04:44 PM
pretty impressive, would work along the lines of drive car into lift to > lift goes to your apartment > drive car out of lift > enter apartment.

lets say each floor has 4 apartments therefore there would be 4 car lift shafts one for each apartment on each floor.

out of interest how much would a skilled worker on one of these high end developments expect to earn? not that i am looking for a job or anything but its interesting to think about the difference between workers who do the same job in different countries.

sʇןɐs ɥʇɐq ɥsıʞɹnʇ
11-12-2012, 05:44 AM
Not having a clue (yet genuinely curious) I asked my friend Mike (retired Electrical Engineer who spent over 40 years working for Lockheed) his opinion, and gave the picture you posted, and he said it's likely there is a chute/elevator/lift built onto the side of the building which the cars back into and out of. It seems simple enough, and when I pressed about the added weight of the vehicles he stated with a curb weight of not more than 4k lbs the vehicles themselves (presuming not more than 4 or 8 per floor) really would not add much in the way of weight in relation to the weight of the steel and concrete used for each floor.

My theory is that only the penthouses have this luxury, it is not available to every single condo, my presumption based on the fact that elevators designed to transport something very heavy and very valuable (and also inherrantly very dangerous if anything gets weird/ustable) are typically very slow, and rich people hate waiting for things like elevators moving their cars. Mike says it's not feasible for there to be more than 1 chute per side of the building, so you could be on the top floor and literally waiting hours while the people below you also wait in line to get your car out. I just do not see this happening, thus it's much more logical that only the best of the best enjoy such a unique luxury.

As I hate leaving questions half answered (or, in this case, pretty much guessed at) I decided to just go to the source and emailed admin@bkkcondo.com, will copy and paste a more official response when I have one, so far I got the following:

Jane Bkkcondos

10:00 PM (41 minutes ago)

to me
Thank you for your email.

We received your message that you sent to admin@bkkcondos.com.

One of our staff members will reply to you as soon as possible;
USUALLY within 24 hours (Mon-Fri)
(Time zone: GMT +07:00 - Bangkok Thailand)

If in any event you do not hear back from us within 24 hours
(Mon-Fri), please call us or resend your email.

Warm regards,
BKKCondos co., Ltd.
T (+66) 2 2532663
F (+66) 2 6511699

www.bkkcondos.com
admin@bkkcondos.com

19/123 Sukhumvit soi 13
Wattana
10110 Bangkok
Thailand

rum dick
11-12-2012, 05:55 AM
The balconies are overrated carports and there is a single elevator dedicated to ferrying the cars to and from the street and the respective balconies. Look closely and you can see the freight elevator doors. But if your question is how the fuck are people gonna put up with the wait until it's their turn to use the elevator (especially during rush hour) then the answer is its gonna be messy and someone will up end getting shot.

rum dick
11-12-2012, 06:06 AM
Really... guys... car elevators aren't some cutting edge technology and they can put the chute pretty much anywhere they want. Mitt Romney has a three car elevator in his garage in la jolla which would be reason enough to vote for him but for the whole member of the mormon cult, two or three scotus picks, king of dorks thing that douche was a rocking.

Hillbilly Jim
11-12-2012, 06:14 AM
The balconies are overrated carports and there is a single elevator dedicated to ferrying the cars to and from the street and the respective balconies. Look closely and you can see the freight elevator doors. But if your question is how the fuck are people gonna put up with the wait until it's their turn to use the elevator (especially during rush hour) then the answer is its gonna be messy and someone will up end getting shot.

i knew this as soon as i saw the door behind the car, i didnt answer as i was afraid it would break sccoters heart that i figured it out before him

Mike
11-12-2012, 06:18 AM
Not having a clue (yet genuinely curious) I asked my friend Mike (retired Electrical Engineer who spent over 40 years working for Lockheed) his opinion, and gave the picture you posted, and he said it's likely there is a chute/elevator/lift built onto the side of the building which the cars back into and out of. It seems simple enough, and when I pressed about the added weight of the vehicles he stated with a curb weight of not more than 4k lbs the vehicles themselves (presuming not more than 4 or 8 per floor) really would not add much in the way of weight in relation to the weight of the steel and concrete used for each floor.

My theory is that only the penthouses have this luxury, it is not available to every single condo, my presumption based on the fact that elevators designed to transport something very heavy and very valuable (and also inherrantly very dangerous if anything gets weird/ustable) are typically very slow, and rich people hate waiting for things like elevators moving their cars. Mike says it's not feasible for there to be more than 1 chute per side of the building, so you could be on the top floor and literally waiting hours while the people below you also wait in line to get your car out. I just do not see this happening, thus it's much more logical that only the best of the best enjoy such a unique luxury.

As I hate leaving questions half answered (or, in this case, pretty much guessed at) I decided to just go to the source and emailed admin@bkkcondo.com, will copy and paste a more official response when I have one, so far I got the following:

Jane Bkkcondos

10:00 PM (41 minutes ago)

to me
Thank you for your email.

We received your message that you sent to admin@bkkcondos.com.

One of our staff members will reply to you as soon as possible;
USUALLY within 24 hours (Mon-Fri)
(Time zone: GMT +07:00 - Bangkok Thailand)

If in any event you do not hear back from us within 24 hours
(Mon-Fri), please call us or resend your email.

Warm regards,
BKKCondos co., Ltd.
T (+66) 2 2532663
F (+66) 2 6511699

www.bkkcondos.com
admin@bkkcondos.com

19/123 Sukhumvit soi 13
Wattana
10110 Bangkok
Thailand

Hey guys, glad to be contributing here!

I found Mike's question to be really intellectually stimulating so I wanted to make absolutely sure that everyone knew I existed, and that Lockheed engineers absolutely love spending our downtime with stuffed animal fucking meth head derelicts.

Anyway I plan on posting here, a lot, because that's what talking spider electrical engineers do.

Take it sleazy! Lol!

Harley
11-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Mike, being an electrical engineer who has spent over 40 years at Lockheed, what gives you the right to comment on structural engineering issues? Where do you fucking get off?

Mike
11-12-2012, 06:31 AM
First off you dont know me, so don't judge me.

Second off I got fired for being too good at structural engineering issues! It's a long story but suffice to say, I had applied for a job as a Navy Seal and they were super into me but this judge forced me to take care of this senile woman so here I am.

Mike
11-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Also try making a web without at least a bachelors in structural engineering.

Oh that's right you can't can you LOLOLOL.

Fucking pussy.

Mike
11-12-2012, 06:41 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY

Ms Hoppy 2-CU
11-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Honey Bunny is this how you spend your time? How about getting a job and putting some carrots on the table.

anatine
11-12-2012, 06:47 AM
Pretty sure hes retired Ms Hoppy 2-CU.

Hillbilly Jim
11-12-2012, 06:50 AM
oh wow mike is fucking 408s baby momma?
shit just got real

anatine
11-12-2012, 07:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hVlAD.gif

Bobby Wong
11-12-2012, 01:49 PM
i dont believe any of you, thats some nasa shit right there

Been
11-12-2012, 04:01 PM
carbon monoxide air freshener for your living room

SkyNigger
11-12-2012, 05:53 PM
All the dupes aside this is tripping me out. Because the single floor car elevator we had in the Valley was SO FUCKING SLOW, I would just leave my car on the street until the junkies smashed windows then back to the elevator then I'd get tilted so back to the street till the stereo was stolen then back to the car lift...my point being, Thailand doesn't tolerate that kind of inanity. Unless that picture is totally fraudulent from the artist, this is quite fascinating how they're planning on making this car lift happen...I might even go check this showroom out cause I don't think you guys understand how impossible this is.

SkyNigger
11-12-2012, 05:54 PM
I might even go check this showroom out cause I don't think you guys understand how impossible this is.

Yeah nah I'm so not going to do that, but still hella intriguing imo

anatine
11-12-2012, 06:58 PM
All the dupes aside this is tripping me out. Because the single floor car elevator we had in the Valley was SO FUCKING SLOW, I would just leave my car on the street until the junkies smashed windows then back to the elevator then I'd get tilted so back to the street till the stereo was stolen then back to the car lift...my point being, Thailand doesn't tolerate that kind of inanity. Unless that picture is totally fraudulent from the artist, this is quite fascinating how they're planning on making this car lift happen...I might even go check this showroom out cause I don't think you guys understand how impossible this is.

In all seriousness, its Thailand, where you can do and say approximately anything with zero repercussions as long as:

- Youre on Team Thaksin
- Its not about the King
- Youre Thai

anatine
11-12-2012, 06:59 PM
I mean honestly they could say the whole thing is powered by stray cats and ginseng and no one would give the tiniest fuck on earth.

gay sex
11-12-2012, 07:39 PM
LOCK IT UP NERDS

SkyNigger
11-12-2012, 11:42 PM
In all seriousness, its Thailand, where you can do and say approximately anything with zero repercussions as long as:

- Youre on Team Thaksin
- Its not about the King
- Youre Thai

They took Abhisit's military rank off him. Those petty fucks.

Abhisit smear campaign is unnecessary, expert says
Published: 13/11/2012

Government attempts to discredit the opposition ahead of next week's censure debate will have little effect, a political analyst has said.

Somchai Srisutthiyakorn, a political scientist at Sripatum University, said the government had embarked on a concerted smear campaign against the Democrat Party ahead of the no-confidence debate on Nov 25-27.

But he warned the campaign is misguided, will not work, and is diverting the government's attention away from more serious issues.

Mr Somchai was referring primarily to a Defence Ministry panel decision last week which recommended Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva be stripped of his military rank and have the salary he earned during his time as a lecturer at Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy recalled.

A former senator now plans to ask the Election Commission (EC) to seek a Constitution Court ruling on whether Mr Abhisit should lose his MP status as a result of being stripped of his rank.

Mr Somchai said the moves are widely viewed as attempts to block the opposition leader from participating in the censure debate by casting doubt on his eligibility as an MP. He said the government is making rash moves to corner the opposition when there are bigger issues at hand.

Mr Abhisit told the Bangkok Post he was unfazed by the government's attempts to discredit him. He was confident he would be able to perform his job as opposition leader during the debate.

"What is happening shows which party is more democratically minded," he said. "The government is only thinking of how to block efforts to hold it to account."

The defence panel ruled last Tuesday that Mr Abhisit had fraudulently applied for and obtained a job as a lecturer at Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy _ a position that allowed him to be exempted from conscription in 1987.

Ridiculous smear. What a ludicrous joke. This is whilst a convicted criminal is running the country from abroad.

gay sex
11-12-2012, 11:43 PM
dont say whilst its super pretentious

anatine
11-12-2012, 11:45 PM
They took Abhisit's military rank off him. Those petty fucks.

Abhisit smear campaign is unnecessary, expert says
Published: 13/11/2012

Government attempts to discredit the opposition ahead of next week's censure debate will have little effect, a political analyst has said.

Somchai Srisutthiyakorn, a political scientist at Sripatum University, said the government had embarked on a concerted smear campaign against the Democrat Party ahead of the no-confidence debate on Nov 25-27.

But he warned the campaign is misguided, will not work, and is diverting the government's attention away from more serious issues.

Mr Somchai was referring primarily to a Defence Ministry panel decision last week which recommended Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva be stripped of his military rank and have the salary he earned during his time as a lecturer at Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy recalled.

A former senator now plans to ask the Election Commission (EC) to seek a Constitution Court ruling on whether Mr Abhisit should lose his MP status as a result of being stripped of his rank.

Mr Somchai said the moves are widely viewed as attempts to block the opposition leader from participating in the censure debate by casting doubt on his eligibility as an MP. He said the government is making rash moves to corner the opposition when there are bigger issues at hand.

Mr Abhisit told the Bangkok Post he was unfazed by the government's attempts to discredit him. He was confident he would be able to perform his job as opposition leader during the debate.

"What is happening shows which party is more democratically minded," he said. "The government is only thinking of how to block efforts to hold it to account."

The defence panel ruled last Tuesday that Mr Abhisit had fraudulently applied for and obtained a job as a lecturer at Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy _ a position that allowed him to be exempted from conscription in 1987.

Ridiculous smear. What a ludicrous joke. This is whilst a convicted criminal is running the country from abroad.

Nod, they scheduled the hearing the day he was out of the country or something, its all unbelievable.