Gare-a-Lago The tri-state area's fourth largest hogcoin investing forum

Go Back   SkatzPoker - Tough tities. > SKATZ FORUMS, BRO > Gare-a-Lago

User Tag List

Old 05-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
Bobby Wong
Buttermilk

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 24 Thread(s)
Bobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Default tyde is this true

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-cannabis.html

Quote:
Gangs stealing LED lights from Range Rovers to grow cannabis

Criminal gangs are stealing LED lights from luxury vehicles to use in cannabis factories, it has emerged.

Police are investigating a spate of thefts of headlights from Land Rover and Range Rover models, which are then sold to drug dealers who use them to help grow illegal plants.

The problem has become so bad in some parts of the country that police have launched an operation to advise car owners how best to protect their vehicles from thieves.

A special task force of officers in West Yorkshire has already made 14 arrests and a large number of stolen car parts have been recovered.

It is thought Land Rover and Range Rover vehicles are specifically being targeted because experienced thieves can remove light assemblies in as little as 60 seconds.

But as well as using the LED lights to help grow drugs, police have warned of a roaring trade in other luxury car parts such as doors, bonnets, mirrors, wheels and grills.

It is thought motorists use the car parts to improve the look and specification of their own older models or repair their own cars following accidents.

Last month West Yorkshire Police launched Operation Emporia to combat what detectives have identified as an emerging problem across towns and cities such as Bradford, Halifax and Huddersfield.

Officers have been stopping drivers of Land Rovers and Range Rovers to ensure that they have the appropriate headlights for their vehicle.

Chief Inspector Steve Thomas said: “Working closely with manufacturers, we have been stopping certain vehicle fitted with LED headlamps to ensure they are legitimate.”
He said anyone who had recently had second hand LED lights fitted to contact police with proof of purchase.

Mr Thomas went on: “If we stop a vehicle and it is suspected that it is fitted with stolen parts then these will be removed and the owner of the vehicle could face prosecution.”

Motorists, whose cars have been targeted, claim thieves were able to strip certain parts in a matter of seconds.

While most of the items are sold on to other drivers, it is also thought that powerful LED headlamp units are used to help in the production of marijuana, where they help the plants grow more quickly.

Michael Roper, 53, who runs a pub in Oxenhope, West Yorkshire had the lights and front grille stolen from his Range Rover Sport last month.

He said the thieves had used a crowbar to remove the lights and grill, causing £8,000 in damage.

He said: “It is rife. But it is such an easy crime – it is so fast. They put a crowbar in between the front wing and the headlights.

“They wrecked the wing. There was no noise. They know how to disable the alarm on the cars.”

Mr Roper said he knew of at least 40 other Range Rovers that had been targeted in similar thefts.

Of the 14 people arrested as part of the West Yorkshire operation, one has been charged with theft and 13 others have been released on bail.

Range Rover is not the only car company to be specifically targeted by thieves stealing parts to order. Other manufacturers include:

Volkswagen - In the 1980s the American hip-hop band Beastie Boys sparked a craze, which saw teenagers stealing badges from Volkswagen cars to wear around their necks.

Mercedes – The German car maker was forced to introduce a removable emblem option on some of its vehicles after owners complained they were regularly being stolen.

Rolls Royce – The famous Spirit of Ecstasy emblem was modified to retract under the bonnet to deter thieves.

Audi – There were a spate of thefts of seats from Audi RS4 models earlier this year after it emerged that the German company had stopped making replacements.

A spokesman for Land Rover said: "We are aware of the reported thefts of headlamps on older models of Range Rover Sport. All Range Rover models have and continue to meet the insurance industry requirements as tested and agreed with relevant insurance bodies."

Bobby Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #2
Tydepoker
Skatz Plebeian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Tydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond repute

your timing with this thread is ironic because I'm picking up the Rover from the shop today

literally in a matter of hours.

it's been out of commission for the last 3 months with overheating issues

seems to be good to go now thank god
Old 05-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #3
gay sex
Make me the happiest boy in the world Joel. Marry me and make me Ms. Robuchon. <3

Mentioned: 336 Post(s)
Tagged: 193 Thread(s)
gay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond repute

gattt damn son this sicilian niggas got a range
Old 05-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
Tydepoker
Skatz Plebeian

Tydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond reputeTydepoker has a reputation beyond repute

it's a 2000 SE 4.0 that had some major issues when I bought it...but it's coming together nicely now

Old 05-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
gay sex
Make me the happiest boy in the world Joel. Marry me and make me Ms. Robuchon. <3

gay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond reputegay sex has a reputation beyond repute

first of all the 2000 is great before they ruined the body in the 2004 era range plus christopher moltosanti had had the 2002 which was almost the same
Old 05-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #6
gay sex

seriously though what no 4.6 GET UR ACT TOGETHER MARTY
Old 05-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #7
gay sex

nelly would be ashamed of you
Old 05-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #8
gay sex

thats right ride wit me marty
Old 05-13-2014, 03:46 PM   #9
Tydepoker
Skatz Plebeian

mine is super clean with only 140K miles. nice tan leather, moon-roof of course. nice audio (stock, but still decent) . body is in perfect condition. 4WD

I thought I was going to need to replace the engine, but it turns out there was a bad coolant flow problem.

I have to admit this car is a major pain in the ass to maintain because it's virtually impossible to find a shop that has the proper diagnostic equipment, let alone a mechanic that knows what the fuck he is doing

On a side note, the British are the worst automakers in the world. The electrical system is so problematic it's absurd. The security system is integrated into every facet of the car and it more of an obstacle for the owner than it is a deterrent for potential thieves. It was 400 bucks just to get a new key-fob coded from the dealer.

When it sold new, the 4.0 SE retailed for $58,000 and change

now on KBB in good condition, it's valued at $2500 or so lol

Comments

Ice cold AC though, amirirte?
Old 05-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #10
Behemoth
Captain Hemo

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Behemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond reputeBehemoth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydepoker View Post

On a side note, the British are the worst automakers in the world. The electrical system is so problematic it's absurd. The security system is integrated into every facet of the car and it more of an obstacle for the owner than it is a deterrent for potential thieves. It was 400 bucks just to get a new key-fob coded from the dealer.

British been fucking electronics up for decades son. In fact they're so good at it they were given the name "lights out lucas".
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote