Gare-a-Lago The tri-state area's fourth largest hogcoin investing forum

Go Back   SkatzPoker - Tough tities. > SKATZ FORUMS, BRO > Gare-a-Lago

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #171
nextlevelshit
hoser

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
nextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNigger View Post

I urinate on Pascal. He was a fucking moron. I was about to launch into a demolition job on the demented 'logic' in Pascal's bullet-hole ridden wager, but the thought struck me that someone would have done it already; likely far better than I could. And I was right.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pascal's_wager

This is not psychology; Pascal's wager is (butchered) game theory.

I didn't bother to read the link but the interesting thing about Pascal/Game Theory is that when Von Neumann died he had a priest do his last rite stuff. Von Neumann said Pascal had a point. I suspect the idea of giving up to rituals and such on your death bed is in fact giving up little to religion yet gaining the chance at eternal salvation. So it would make more sense in the situation. Maybe he just wanted his believing friends to feel better about the whole situation.
nextlevelshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #172
rum dick
married to pamela anderson's barbed wire tattoo

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 98 Thread(s)
rum dick has a reputation beyond reputerum dick has a reputation beyond reputerum dick has a reputation beyond reputerum dick has a reputation beyond reputerum dick has a reputation beyond reputerum dick has a reputation beyond reputerum dick has a reputation beyond reputerum dick has a reputation beyond reputerum dick has a reputation beyond reputerum dick has a reputation beyond reputerum dick has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting article/commentary re the West Virginia preacher who died recently from being an idiot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...xx2U_blog.html
rum dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #173
SkyNigger
Things could be worse...

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)
SkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextlevelshit View Post
I didn't bother to read the link but the interesting thing about Pascal/Game Theory is that when Von Neumann died he had a priest do his last rite stuff. Von Neumann said Pascal had a point. I suspect the idea of giving up to rituals and such on your death bed is in fact giving up little to religion yet gaining the chance at eternal salvation. So it would make more sense in the situation. Maybe he just wanted his believing friends to feel better about the whole situation.

Maybe you should click on links so that you don't say impossibly dumb and boring stuff like this.
SkyNigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #174
Been
Skatz Patrician

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 25 Thread(s)
Been has a reputation beyond reputeBeen has a reputation beyond reputeBeen has a reputation beyond reputeBeen has a reputation beyond reputeBeen has a reputation beyond reputeBeen has a reputation beyond reputeBeen has a reputation beyond reputeBeen has a reputation beyond reputeBeen has a reputation beyond reputeBeen has a reputation beyond reputeBeen has a reputation beyond repute

i think we need a "you can't explain that" meme with 408's face
Been is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #175
SkyNigger
Things could be worse...

SkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond reputeSkyNigger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum Dick View Post
Interesting article/commentary re the West Virginia preacher who died recently from being an idiot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...xx2U_blog.html

This chick's a fucking moron.

Quote:
Americans who criticize other religions, especially those abroad where followers are oppressed or punished barbarically for errant behavior, should look carefully at religious practices in this country where people are harmed.

I agree with this, though. 310 million are being harmed by religion.

Quote:
It’s hard to define what religion really is. But I know it when I see it. Snake handling ain’t it.

What a fucking imbecile. Of course snake handling is religion. Jerking off is a religion.

When he puts the snake near a child, guillotine him. Until then, he can do whatever the fuck he wants because he's not hurting anybody.

When priests touch choirboys, guillotine them. Until then (as in, until they show a predisposition towards children), they can do whatever the fuck they want so long as they're not hurting anybody; i.e. let them finish their 'dogmatics' and their seminary courses and when they're ordained a priest....

This is not complex.

If someone claims to be speaking for Higher Power who has ZERO ability to know anything science has not discovered already, the instant they go near a child you need to separate their heads from their bodies because HOW ELSE WILL THEY LEARN?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #176
nextlevelshit
hoser

nextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond reputenextlevelshit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe you should click on links so that you don't say impossibly dumb and boring stuff like this.

OK, I read it. No arguments I haven't seen or made myself. I would even have a similar argument in the vein of game theory/pascal that they don't offer up. Sorry, I won't read it again.

You wouldn't throw off my comment so much if you knew who Von Neumann is. He was a man far far smarter than you. Likely immeasurably smarter than you. He is one of the fathers of computer science. He also proved minimax which is what poker geeks liked to argue about for ages regarding what made poker solvable on a theoretical basis. He was/is huge in the game theory field.

The fact that Von Neumann took up religion on his death bed BECAUSE of Pascal's Wager is an amusing thought. I thought maybe because on his death bed he realized he was giving up nothing since he was near death. (You don't have the trappings of religion to deal with, your death is eminent. Saying you believe for your last few days means next to nothing in the scheme of your life.) Maybe some other reason... Who knows, but I find it worth mentioning when you throw around the words game-theory with pascal's wager.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #177
SkyNigger
Things could be worse...

She's not -actually- as exploited as she seems. She just wants to corrupt and destroy children because she's wealthy and far-right and they believe forcing Bibles down the throats of children is shrewd.

World you need to kill people like this woman or HOW ELSE WILL SHE LEARN.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #178
SkyNigger
Things could be worse...

Quote:
He also proved minimax which is what poker geeks liked to argue about for ages regarding what made poker solvable on a theoretical basis. He was/is huge in the game theory field.

I fucking know who Von Neumann is.

But some people argue for ages about simple shit. Other people just own everyone.

Quote:
The fact that Von Neumann took up religion on his death bed BECAUSE of Pascal's Wager is an amusing thought.

No it's not. It's fucking boring. What people do when they're about to die is only of interest to creepy priests.

Quote:
I thought maybe because on his death bed he realized he was giving up nothing since he was near death. (You don't have the trappings of religion to deal with, your death is eminent. Saying you believe for your last few days means next to nothing in the scheme of your life.)

And you think an all-powerful deity could be outplayed by this 'loophole'. That's moronic. You're taking Christian exploitative insanity and superimposing their non-existent logic onto a game theory situation.

You didn't read the link. You're lying. If you're not, you have some serious problems with comprehension and you should read it again, very slowly. Pascal's wager is so demented and childish, it's almost beneath me to even ridicule.

In game theory, you have to THINK. The pathetically demented 'upside' to insulting a supernatural being with your Toddler Crafty is grossly outweighed by fact that there are an an infinite number of possible gods you're failing to consider; and a great many of them could be just as insane as the Christian's JEALOUS LORD. Some would get very pissed off that you went from neutral to Insane just before you kicked it, slapping them in the face.

You're being a vassal right now. The logic isn't there.

Quote:
Who knows, but I find it worth mentioning when you throw around the words game-theory with pascal's wager.

Leave the game theory to those that can do it. You didn't read that page, I'm calling you out on it.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #179
nextlevelshit
hoser

Quote:
I fucking know who Von Neumann is.

But some people argue for ages about simple shit. Other people just own everyone.

No it's not. It's fucking boring. What people do when they're about to die is only of interest to creepy priests.

And you think an all-powerful deity could be outplayed by this 'loophole'. That's moronic. You're taking Christian exploitative insanity and superimposing their non-existent logic onto a game theory situation.

You didn't read the link. You're lying. If you're not, you have some serious problems with comprehension and you should read it again, very slowly. Pascal's wager is so demented and childish, it's almost beneath me to even ridicule.

In game theory, you have to THINK. The pathetically demented 'upside' to insulting a supernatural being with your Toddler Crafty is grossly outweighed by fact that there are an an infinite number of possible gods you're failing to consider; and a great many of them could be just as insane as the Christian's JEALOUS LORD. Some would get very pissed off that you went from neutral to Insane just before you kicked it, slapping them in the face.

You're being a vassal right now. The logic isn't there.

Leave the game theory to those that can do it. You didn't read that page, I'm calling you out on it.

Well in my original post I said maybe he did it because he was giving up nothing, maybe he did it to make those who believed feel better. Maybe some other reason.]

Reading comprehension !

Attention!

Leeetts work on it scut ol boy!

Ohhh wait, then if you did that you wouldn't have rambling on dialogues with yourself.

This is silly. I was going to pick on you for that screenshot you repeatedly post, but removed it. You honestly post screenshots that is from years ago, where a 6 handed table of high limit pros sit out because they don't want to play a table full of winners. That happens fairly regularly. Yet you derive a good deal of your worth/value from this occurrence. It is a bit LOL. Randomly. Boom! Screenshot of gayboy6969. It was neat years ago bro....

And regardless of what the situation of Von Neumann was when he did what he did, I will still give what he says far far more thought than the things you say.

Take some more meth, drown in those delusions.

Hip hip hooray, lets ramble on about some pedophiles today.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:44 PM   #180
SkyNigger
Things could be worse...

Quote:
Well in my original post I said maybe he did it because he was giving up nothing, maybe he did it to make those who believed feel better. Maybe some other reason.]

Maybe it's not interesting playing the "maybe" game because I'm telling you there's no value in Pascal's wager if you're too lazy to read the logical evidence proving the fact.

Quote:
This is silly. I was going to pick on you for that screenshot you repeatedly post, but removed it.

You can pick on it. I post it for a reason.

Quote:
You honestly post screenshots that is from years ago, where a 6 handed table of high limit pros sit out because they don't want to play a table full of winners.

No. It's because they didn't want to play me. You're missing the point. You brought in a demented argument (that Von Neumann's -name- somehow gave validity to a moronic thing someone claimed he said as he was dying). I responded with a coat-hanger to that argument.

I have like 3 screenshots of poker tables lifetime. That one was because I was SO furious I almost couldn't breathe (I'd been waiting for 4 hours on that list). Don't get caught up on it. I was responding to a moronic line of argument because you weren't prepared to read a page of pure logic (preferring instead to talk about poker and Von Neumann's 'legacy' or 'reputation' or yawn). None of that has any value to the issue of Pascal's wager being moronic beyond belief. Neither does my screenshot.

The value is in the link you're too lazy to read.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pascal's_wager

Read it. Is it going to kill you?

Quote:
And regardless of what the situation of Von Neumann was when he did what he did, I will still give what he says far far more thought than the things you say.

That's why I destroyed poker. I credit the validity of what is said. I have no interest in who said it beyond attribution.

Quote:
drown in those delusions.

Care to be more specific or are you just doing that thing vassals do when they cannot (be more specific)?

Tags
apes brain hurts, blue jeans and turtleneck, exorcise nextlevelshit, grape a bangkok missionary, grape flirty flashes street urchins, scooter 3:16, scooter is a false idol, sprinkling salvation over apes face, what hasn't been inside tim's wife!!!